SACRAMENTO, December 15, 2021 — The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety Branch (MPES) announces one vacancy on the Rendering Industry Advisory Board (RIAB). The RIAB makes recommendations to the Secretary on matters pertaining to:
- Adoption, modification, and repeal of regulations and procedures
- Procedures for employment, training, supervision, and compensation of inspectors and other persons
- Rate and collection of license fees and penalties
- Acquisition and use of equipment
- Posting and noticing changes in bylaws, general procedures, or orders
- All matters pertaining to Food and Agricultural Code Division 9, Part 3, Chapter 5, including, but not limited to, the inspection and enforcement program, annual budget, necessary fees to provide adequate services, and regulations required to accomplish the purposes of the chapter
Video title loading...
Latest CDFA TV Clips
An Era of Productivity & Perseverance: CDFA's 2019-2020 Report
CDFA Statement on Racial Equity/ Declaración del CDFA sobre la equidad racial
Farmer Equity Report
The Farmer Equity Report outlines the key challenges facing socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers in California and recommendations for CDFA to address these challenges. The full report is available here: English | Español.
Boards and Commissions Index
A list of agricultural committees, task forces and advisory boards, with information on how to join and participate.
COVID-19 and the Food Supply Chain
The USDA is offering assistance to California farms affected by the recent drought.
California Grown - 2020 Annual Report
Learn how the California Grown team rose to the unique challenges of 2020.
Wildfire Recovery Resources
Assistance is available to those affected by California's historic wildfires.
California Animal Response Emergency System (CARES)
The California Animal Response Emergency System (CARES) is the state-level framework for supporting animals in disasters, integrating all levels of government and non-governmental entities in a mutual aid system for preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation for animals in disaster events.
California & 2018 Farm Bill
The Farm Bill creates jobs. Investment in agriculture is an investment in our nation's future.
Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation
CDFA is promoting the importance of on-farm stewardship practices.
Next Live Streaming Media Event:
State Board Meeting — February 1, 2022
Calif. Agriculture License Plate Grant Program
Show your support for ag education. Special interest plates are now available!