Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation
The mission of the Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation is to serve California by supporting agricultural production and incentivizing practices resulting in a net benefit for the environment through innovation, efficient management and science. For questions and to learn more, click below on specific programs and videos from previous grant awardees. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s New in OEFI:
- 10/12/21 – CDFA OEFI programs received millions of dollars in funding for next two years through Governors budgets. Please sign up to our list serves to be informed of funding opportunities related to these funds.
- SWEEP received $100 million through Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- HSP received $160 million through Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- DDRDP and AMMP received $80 million through Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- Conservation Agriculture Planning Grant Program received $39 million through Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- New Program - Pollinator Habitat Program (website coming soon) received $30 million through Fiscal Year 2022-23.
- New Program - Water Efficiency Technical Assistance Grants received $5 million in Fiscal Year 2021-22.
- 10/14/21 - CDFA will host the public meeting of the Environmental Farming Act Science Advisory Panel on October 14th from 9 am to 3 pm. Meeting information can be found here. Agenda and Binder of Information for the meeting will be posted October 4, 2021.
- 10/5/21 – CDFA Office of Pesticide Consultation and Analysis (OPCA) is now accepting applications for the Biologically Integrated Farming Systems (BIFS) and Proactive IPM Solutions grant programs. Deadline for submission is 12/6/21 at 5 PM PT. RFPs are available on the BIFS website and Proactive IPM Solutions website.
- 10/1/2021 - CDFA is currently accepting public comments on the draft Request for Grant Applications (RGA) for a new program, The Water Efficiency Technical Assistance Program (WETA). The draft RGA can be found on the Technical Assistance webpage. Comments are due by 5 PM PT on October 15, 2021 to email@example.com.
- 9/27/2021 – CDFA Cannabis Appellations Program (CAP) is accepting public comments on its modifications to proposed regulations for establishing appellations of origins for cannabis. Comments must be received before 11:59 PM PT on October 12, 2021. Regulatory materials and additional details are on the CAP webpage.
- 9/16/2021 – CDFA CAPGP is accepting public comments on its draft Request for Proposals (RFP) before 5:00 PM PT on October 19, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7/22/2021 – CDFA OPCA receives $3.75 million to support the Biologically Integrated Farming Systems (BIFS), Proactive Integrated Pest Management Solutions (IPM), and Interregional Research Project No. 4 (IR-4) grant programs. More information will be posted on the OPCA website soon.
Climate Smart Agriculture Videos
To be a trusted and valued resource for scientific analysis and support to stakeholders and state agencies in the development and implementation of economically viable agricultural practices that optimize environmental and public health.