Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation
The mission of the Office of Environmental Farming & Innovation is to serve California by supporting agricultural production and incentivizing practices resulting in a net benefit for the environment through innovation, efficient management and science. For questions and to learn more, click below on specific programs and videos from previous grant awardees. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s New in OEFI:
- 10/14/21 - CDFA will host the public meeting of the Environmental Farming Act Science Advisory Panel on October 14th from 9 am to 3 pm. Meeting information can be found here. Agenda and Binder of Information for the meeting will be posted October 4, 2021.
- 9/16/2021 – CDFA CAPGP is accepting public comments on its draft Request for Proposals (RFP) before 5:00 PM PT on October 19, 2021 to email@example.com.
- 9/9/2021 – CDFA HSP is accepting public comments on its draft Request for Grant Applications (RGAs) for the Healthy Soils Program (HSP) Incentives Program and Demonstration Projects before 5:00 PM PT on September 23, 2021 to CDFA.HSP_tech@cdfa.ca.gov.
- 8/26/2021 - CDFA SWEEP is currently accepting public comment for the Draft SWEEP Request for Grant Applications (RGA). Provide all comments before 5:00 PM PT on September 23, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7/22/2021 – CDFA OPCA receives $3.75 million to support the Biologically Integrated Farming Systems (BIFS), Proactive Integrated Pest Management Solutions (IPM), and Interregional Research Project No. 4 (IR-4) grant programs. More information will be posted on the OPCA website soon.
- 7/20/2021 - $5 million has been appropriated to the Department of Food and Agriculture for Technical Assistance for On-farm Water Use Efficiency. This funding will be used to administer grants to Resource Conservation Districts (RCDs), universities, nonprofits and tribes to provide technical assistance for on-farm water use efficiency. Check back soon for updates.
- 7/16/2021 – CDFA HSP receives $50 million for the Healthy Soils Program (SB 129, Chapter 69). More information will be posted on the HSP website soon. For updates on new solicitations, please sign up to our list serve.
- 7/15/2021 – CDFA will host the public meeting of the Environmental Farming Act Science Advisory Panel on July 15th from 9 am to 3 pm. Meeting information can be found here.
- 7/1/2021 – CDFA SWEEP receives $40 million for drought relief (AB 128, Chapter 21). More information will be posted on the SWEEP website soon. For updates on new solicitations, please sign up to our list serve.
Climate Smart Agriculture Videos
To be a trusted and valued resource for scientific analysis and support to stakeholders and state agencies in the development and implementation of economically viable agricultural practices that optimize environmental and public health.