Fairs & ExpositionsPhysical Address: 2399 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95833 • 916-999-3000 Mailing Address: 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
The Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), Fairs & Expositions (F&E), a Branch within the Division of Marketing Services, provides fiscal and policy oversight of the network of California fairs and ensures the best use of available funding and other services.
COVID 19 Alert: Updates
Live updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic is available at https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/coronavirus/
For Governor Newsom’s Press Releases, Executive Orders, Media Advisories, Proclamations, and “On the Record” Column visit: https://www.gov.ca.gov/newsroom/
- CDPH Guidance for the Prevention of COVID-19 Transmission for Gatherings
- CDPH Guidance for the Prevention of COVID-19 Transmission in Entertainment Venues
- CDPH Daily Updates
- Executive Order N-25-20
- Executive Order N-29-20
- Executive Order N-40-20
- Livestock Standard Operating Procedures and Guidance
Should you have any questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impacts to your fairgrounds, please contact the Fairs and Expositions Branch at 916-999-3000.
- January 2020 State Veterinarian Update for Fairs and Shows with Poultry
- AB 1499 Regulations Workshops
- 2019 Secretary Fair Season Welcome Letter
- 2019 State Rules
2020 State Rules for California Fairs
- 2017 DAA Cannabis Event Guidelines
- CalHR Supervisor Resource
- Supervisor Handbook
- DAA CEO Salary Increase PML
Video Feature: Del Mar Fairgrounds “a Virtual Noah’s Ark”
A nationally broadcast news segment highlights the evacuation of 2,700 large animals to Del Mar Fairgrounds during California's 2007 wildfires.
Fair Dates and Information
California’s 77 fairs are located throughout the Golden State from early spring to the fall of each year.
Exhibits and Livestock Issues
Fairs & Expositions is responsible for the development and enforcement of the State Rules of California Fairs. The purpose of the these rules are to ensure educational and equitable competition; provide state-wide competition consistency; and maximize exhibitor and public safety.