Information on the glassy-winged sharpshooter. (06:35)
Pierce's Disease Control ProgramPhysical Address: 2800 Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste. 200, Sacramento, CA 95833 • 916-900-5024 Mailing Address: 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 • email@example.com
The mission of the Pierce’s Disease Control Program (PDCP) is to minimize the statewide impact of Pierce's disease and its vectors in California.
- NEW TOPICS
- 2016 Pierce's Disease Research Symposium
- 2016 Annual Report to the Legislature (PDF)
- 2015 Research Progress Reports on Pierce’s Disease and Other Pests and Diseases of Winegrapes (PDF)
- PD/GWSS Articles in Recent Issue of California Agriculture
- PD/GWSS - 15 Years of Success (PDF)
- Threats to California From Invasive Pests & Diseases
- Worksheet for Designating a Pest or Disease of Winegrapes (PDF)
- Flowchart for Designating a Pest or Disease of Winegrapes (PDF)
- PEIR: FINAL Statewide Pest Prevention and Management Program Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Health Questions and Answers – Merit®
- Health Questions and Answers - Tempo®
- Health Questions and Answers - CoreTect®
Message About the Program
There was a time about 15 years ago when grape growers, vintners, researchers and regulators alike were, at the very least, unsure how severely Pierce’s disease and the glassy-winged sharpshooter would impact our precious viticultural resources.
Since August 1999, we’ve enjoyed many successful harvests, even in places like Temecula, where almost no one was willing to bet on the future of that region.
How has this been accomplished? Through a successful and cooperative partnership between federal, state, and local agricultural departments, university researchers, industry, growers, and the larger agricultural community.
The Pierce’s Disease Control Program continues to provide much needed protection to our valuable wine and grape industry and the economic activity it generates. We have every confidence that this ongoing effort will continue to build upon its successes until the job is done.
California Department of Food and Agriculture