California Department of Food and Agriculture

Licenses, Permits, Dairy Exemption Numbers, Registrations

We have a very diverse division that issues many forms of licenses and permits. These have been defined as follows:

  • A license is a document that is issued for multiple occurrences of the same act.
  • A permit is a document that is issued for a one time usage or act.

Our licensing and permits range from Livestock Interstate Movement entry permits and Livestock Brand Registration, to Milk and Dairy Soft Serve products and pet food inedible product importers. For more information, please contact one of our offices.

What do you need to apply for, obtain a permit for, or register?

Animals, Livestock & Biologics

Back to top of page

Meat Products & Grease

Back to top of page

Milk & Milk Products

Back to top of page