Craig McNamara, President of the California Board of Food and Agriculture, keynote speaker at the Food Day celebration forum held at California State University, Sacramento. (1:45)
California State Board of
Food and Agriculture
The California State Board of Food and Agriculture serves the interest of the state’s diverse agricultural community. As an advisory board to the governor and secretary, the board addresses key issues that are of importance to California’s farmers and ranchers, community stakeholders, and citizens.
The California State Board of Food and Agriculture is a fifteen-member state board, appointed by the Governor, and carefully selected to represent a broad range of agricultural commodities, a variety of geographic regions and both the University of California and California State University academic systems.
The board encourages public participation and input in all matters concerning agriculture and food policy within the state.
Upcoming State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting:
May 2, 2017: Meeting Agenda (PDF)
Meeting begins at 10:00 a.m.
California Department of Food and Agriculture
1220 N Street – Main Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95814
The next California State Board of Food and Agriculture meeting is scheduled for
June 6, 2017 – Location: TBD
Board Water Committee Meeting
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Teleconference Meeting – Multiple Locations
The next Water Committee meeting is scheduled for:
Recent State Board Press Releases:
- CDFA17-016 – 3/29/2017: California State Board of Food and Agriculture to Discuss Farm Labor, Rural Job Development and Workforce Training at April 4th Meeting (more)
- CDFA17-012 – 3/2/2017: California State Board of Food and Agriculture to Discuss Issues Related to Safe Drinking Water in Disadvantaged Communities at March 7th Meeting (more)
- CDFA17-007 – 2/14/2017: California State Board of Food and Agriculture Holds 2018 Farm Bill Listening Sessions at World Ag Expo (more)
- CDFA16-037 – 9/29/2016: Draft Flow Objectives for the Lower San Joaquin River and Implementation of the Food Safety Act to be Discussed at the Upcoming State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting (more)
- CDFA16-033 – 8/30/2016: California State Board of Food and Agriculture to Discuss Rural Issues at Upcoming Meeting on September 6th (more)