Division of Measurement Standards (DMS)6790 Florin Perkins Road, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95828 • 916-229-3000 • firstname.lastname@example.org
New! Online Weighmaster Application, Renewal and Update
The Division of Measurement Standards (DMS) now offers the ability to apply, renew, and/or update Weighmaster Licenses online.
To apply for an online Weighmaster License, you may need the following information to complete your application. Any required documents can be uploaded during the application process.
- Copy of Fictitious Business Name Statement if using a "Doing Business As (DBA)" name
- Copy of current Business License for each location if operating as a Junk Dealer / Recycler
- Copy of Pawn Brokers / Secondhand Dealers License issued by the Department of Justice if requesting a Junk Dealer / Recycler exemption
- Email address registered with Scrap Theft Alert if business is a Junk Dealer / Recycler
- Full (FIRST AND LAST) names for all Deputy Weighmasters
On the New! Weighmaster update page, you may pay for your annual renewal or do any of the following:
- Update Weighmaster License information
- Add and delete Deputy Weighmasters
- Add and delete locations
- Attach additional required information (Business License/Fictitious Business Name Statement, etc.)
- Pay for annual renewal
- Make required declarations for Junk Dealer / Recycler Weighmasters
- Pay for any fees due
- Invite additional responsible parties to update and renew license
(Printable Copy) Weighmaster Cancellation Form Weighmaster/Deputy Requirements
Division 5. Weights and Measures.
Chapter 7, Weighmasters (12700-12737)
Division 8, Special Business Regulations. Chapter 9, Article 3 Junk (21600-21610)
Chapter 9 Weighmaster Enforcement