CA Farm to School Incubator Grant Program
The California Department of Food and Agriculture – Office of Farm to Fork (CDFA-F2F) is excited to share that the 2023-24 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program will distribute approximately $60 million. To stay up to date on the upcoming application cycle for the 2023-24 round of funding, we encourage you to sign up for our newsletter.
2023-24 Grant Program is Open for Public Comment
The CDFA is seeking public comment for the 2023-24 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program's draft request for applications (RFA). The RFA is open to public comment from November 29, 2023 to 5 p.m. PT December 14, 2023. View the press release.
The CDFA-F2F will hold two live info sessions via Zoom to provide an overview of the draft RFA and allow time for questions and public comments. The live info sessions are:
- 10 a.m. PT November 30, 2023:
- 4 p.m. PT December 6, 2023:
The public may submit public comments during the live info sessions or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To submit public comments via email, please include "Farm to School Public Comments" in the email subject line and please specify which funding track each comment is regarding in the body of the email.
Documents for Public Review and Public Comment
- Application Questions & Review Criteria:
Previous Grant Awards
View information about previous grant rounds and view the project summaries of previously awarded grant projects below!
The 2021 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program is focused on supporting local and regional farm to school projects that promote nutrition education, sustainable food production and procurement, and high-quality student experience.
In 2021, CDFA-F2F awarded $8.496 million in grants to 60 Farm to School projects throughout the state through two funding tracks!
The 2022 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program is focused on supporting projects that cultivate equity, nurture students, build climate resilience, and create scalable and sustainable change.
In 2022, as part of California's nation-leading investment in farm to school programs, CDFA-F2F awarded $25.5 million in funding for 120 farm to school projects across the state. In total, these projects represent 1,489,364 students, 163 school districts and educational entities, over 50 farms, four food hubs and enormous support from California's urban, rural and suburban communities.
- Read the full announcement here.
- View the list of 2022 CA Farm to School Incubator Grant Program Award Recipients
- Read the 2022 CA Farm to School Incubator Grant Program Project Summaries
- Press Release
- 2022 Request for Applications
- Track 1 Application Questions and Review Criteria
- Track 2 Application Questions and Review Criteria
- Track 3 Application Questions and Review Criteria
- Track 4 Application Questions and Review Criteria
- 2022 Webinar Slide Deck
- 2022 FAQs
- 2022 Questions and Answers
- Public Info Session Slide Deck
- Public Info Session Recording
- Summary of Public Comments and CDFA Responses
The 2023-24 Farm to School Incubator Grant Program is open for public comment. The application period is not yet open.
Sign Up for Grant Updates
To stay up to date on the California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program, we encourage you to sign up for our newsletter.
Related Grant Opportunities
Grant Opportunities for Producers
Contact our Farm to School team at email@example.com