We, as an important member of the California Department of Food and Agriculture, serve the people of California by aggressively preserving and defending the measurement standards essential in providing the citizens a basis of value comparison and fair competition in the marketplace.
To be recognized and respected as a global leader in every one of our disciplines.
- Our employees are our most valuable resource. We are committed to their continued professional development and growth. We will provide them with the resources and training necessary to be successful.
- County sealers and their staff are an integral part of our mission. We value the cooperative and productive partnership we share.
- We actively partner with the National Conference on Weights and Measures and with others who share our mission.
- We value open and honest communication within the organization and with those who are affected by our actions.
- We treat each other with respect and are principled in our daily interactions.
- When we make decisions we value and consider input from all interested parties. Ultimately, we base our decisions on the best available information, science, and law.
- We value our role as an educational and informational resource.
- We embrace innovation and principled change.
- We are individually and collectively responsible for the success of our mission.