Small-Scale Producer Advisory Committee
Overview: California Small-Scale Producer Advisory Committee Overview
The California Small-Scale Producer Advisory Committee shall advise the Secretary and State Board on matters pertaining to small-scale and medium scale producers in California and programs, research, technology, workforce development practices and equity issues that will ensure a platform for small-scale producers to advise on CDFA programs, resources, technical assistance and communication.
- The Small-Scale Producer Advisory Committee shall be comprised of 10 members.
- At least 1 of the 10 members will be a member of a Federally or CA State Recognized Tribe or at least one member will be a representative of a Tribal organization
- 1 member of an urban agriculture organization or operation
- 1 member of a non-profit organization representing or serving primarily small-scale producers in California
- 1 member of a university or community college focused on research related to small-scale producers
- 1 member of an organization providing technical assistance to small-scale and BIPOC producers
- 5 members will be small-scale producers. Geographic preference will be to have one representative within each Community Economic Resilient Fund (CERF) region of the state.
Responsibilities and Terms
Small-Scale Producer Advisory Committee shall meet on a quarterly basis, four times per calendar year. The meetings will be held in January, April, August and October.
Members should plan to attend each of the quarterly meetings (January, April, August, October). At least one of the quarterly meeting will be a joint meeting with the BIPOC Producer Advisory Committee and/or the CDFA State board.
Appointments are for four year terms (terms are staggered)
Length of Term: 4 years
Meeting Frequency: Quarterly
Open for Applications:
Link to Press Release
External Technical Advisory Review Panel
An external review committee will be formed during the application process in order to review and recommend candidates for the committee. A separate application will be posted here once available.
Board Contact: Thea Rittenhouse