Meat, Poultry & Egg Safety Branch and their logo

Meat, Poultry, & Eggs: Report Problems

Meat, Poultry & Egg Safety Branch

In most cases, if you purchase bad or spoiled meat, poultry or eggs from a grocery store or other retail food vendor or outlet and want to report it, you should contact either your local California County Public Health Department or the offices of the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service in California.


Contact us for more information:
California Department of Food and Agriculture
Animal Health and Food Safety Services: Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety Branch
1220 N Street
Sacramento, California 95814
Telephone: (916) 900-5004
Fax: (916) 900-5334
or send an email to: