All required food safety practices included under FSMA’s Produce Safety Rule must be followed on California produce farms.
Required practices fall into the following categories:
- Personnel Qualifications and Training
- Health and Hygiene
- Biological Soil Amendments
- Domesticated and Wild Animals
- Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding Activities
- Equipment Tools, Building and Sanitation
- Agricultural Water (not required until 2022)
Resources to Understand Required Practices:
- Draft: Guidance for Industry: Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption
Note: These guidelines have been released for public comment but they are not yet finalized.
- Produce Safety Rule (full text)
- On-Farm Readiness Review