Vertebrates: Program Details
This project maintains a staff of biologists with expertise in regulatory weed and vertebrate pest eradication and suppression programs directed at vertebrate pests of limited distribution. Project also provides general supervision, technical assistance and training in vertebrate pest control to county agricultural commissioner personnel engaged in regulatory vertebrate pest control activities.
|Rats, mice, gophers, squirrels, birds and rabbits|
|Deer, mountain lions, bears|
Agencies to Contact Regarding Wildlife Damage Problems
- University of California Cooperative Extension
- County Agricultural Commissioner's Office
- USDA APHIS Wildlife Services
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Department of Health Services: Vector-Borne Disease Section and Veterinary Public Health Section
For Problems Regarding Vertebrate Pest Control
- First contact your local County Agricultural Commissioner for information or assistance.
- Click here to find your County Agricultural Commissioners
Contact InformationProgram Manager: Victoria L. Hornbaker
Phone: (916) 654-0520