Promotions of Dairy Products
When planning a promotion to market a dairy product, please contact the Department in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- What dairy product is being promoted?
- What is the time period of the promotion and the location/or stores being offered the promotion?
- Provide a brief description of the promotion.
- Will the promotion involve offering a coupon, and if so, what type of coupon is being offered, how it is distributed, and what is the estimated redemption of the coupon? (Provide a copy of the coupon if available)
- Who is sponsoring the costs of the promotion?
If a manufacturer is sponsoring the promotion, please provide:
- the total manufacturing cost of the dairy product including raw product and other ingredients costs, overhead, processing costs, advertising, redemption, and delivery cost to the customer; and
- the net invoice price charged to the retail customer, after allowances or discounts.
- the net invoice cost from the supplier, after allowances and discounts are deducted;
- the costs of advertising and redemption; and
- the retailer's cost of doing business.
- If a dairy product and non-dairy product are being promoted together (cross promotion), what portion of the promotion cost is the dairy manufacturer paying?
Please note: Products which do not contain milk as the primary ingredient, such as coffee creamers, salad dressings, and dry powdered drink mixes, are not required to be submitted to the Department for promotion approval.