Information for Event Managers
New! Online Event Registration System for Event Managers
The new online event registration system allows the event manager to register a new event, view previous events, and copy previous recurring events. Once all the required event data is provided, event managers will receive their event number and have the ability either to view or print registration forms. Visit the website below to set up an online event manager account and to register events. Direct all inquiries to 916-900-5045 or EMMP@cdfa.ca.gov.
Definition of an Event Manager
The Food and Agricultural Code (FAC) Section 24001 defines an "event manager"as the person in charge of and financially responsible for the event. The event manager is legally responsible for registering the event with the EMMP and for assessing, collecting, and remitting event fees to the program. "Event managers" include horse show secretaries or managers, competitive event managers, and horse sale managers or sale owners. As provided by law, event managers are personally liable for the payment of fees and any applicable late fee penalties to the department.
Definition of Event
An "event" is defined in FAC Section 24001 as any public horse show, competition, or sale in which money, goods, or services are exchanged for the right to compete for a single set of placings leading to points or awards at the show or competition, or to permit a horse to be consigned for sale.
The following events are exempt from EMMP regulations:
- A rodeo-related competition, which is strictly a timed performance with no subjective judging, when held apart from a horse show. This includes barrel racing, team penning, ranch sorting, roping and gymkhana.
- A sale of solely racehorses.
- Competitions under the jurisdiction of the California Horse Racing Board.
- A public horse show in which the class or event entry fee is less than $4.99 per class and other fees do not exceed $19.99 (Other fees include, but are not limited to, grounds fees, stall fees or office fees).
- A public horse show in which all fees for participation are less than $19.99 (to include, but is not limited to class fees, grounds fees, stall fees and office fees).
Event Manager Responsibilities
An event manager is responsible for:
- Filing an Application To Register Equine Event (Form 76-024A) with the EMMP at least sixty (60) days before the event is to begin. A civil penalty of $100 - $2,500 may apply for failure to register an event.
- Collecting the fee of $5.00 for each horse being entered or consigned to the event.
- Remitting the fees collected and submitting the Assessment Report For Registered Event (Form 76-024A) to EMMP within fifteen (15) days of the final day of the event. A civil penalty of 10% of the amount due plus 1 1/2% interest/month on the unpaid balance calculated from the date of the event will be levied on an event manager who fails to remit collected fees within fifteen (15) days of the final day of the event.
- Retaining event records for two (2) years after the final day of the event. To enable verification of the collection and remittance of appropriate event fees, event records must be made available, if requested, for inspection and photocopying by EMMP staff.
- Collecting, signing, and promptly submitting exhibitor or consignor Drug Declaration Forms (CA Form 76-027 or USEF Medication Report Form) to the EMMP.
Events can be registered by the online event registration system or by completion of an Application to Register events. The new online event registration system allows the event manager to register a new event, view previous events, and copy previous recurring events. Once all the required event data is provided, event managers will receive their event number and have the ability either to view or print registration forms. To register online visit http://apps4.cdfa.ca.gov/emmppublic/eventregistration.aspx
There are three (3) ways to obtain an Application to Register Equine Event form:
- Call 916-900-5045 to request an Application to Register Equine Event (Form 76-024A)
- Send an email request for an Application to Register Equine Event (Form 76-024A) to EMMP@cdfa.ca.gov.
- Download the Application to Register Equine Event (Form 76-024A) Event Registration Form .
- Save attached form to your computer.
- If completing the document on your computer, enter the information and resave it to embed the data in the document.
There are three (3) ways to submit an Application to Register Equine Event sixty (60) days before the date of the event:
- Email to EMMP@cdfa.ca.gov
- Fax to 916-900-5338
- Mail to CDFA/EMMP, 1500 W. El Camino Ave #215, Sacramento, CA 95833.
Drug Fee Payments
Event managers are to collect $5.00 for each horse entered or consigned to the event and remit fees within fifteen (15) days of the final day of the event.
- Payment by Check: Make check payable to CDFA - EMMP and include the Event Number on the check. Mail the check and completed Event Assessment Form to CDFA/EMMP, 1500 W. El Camino Ave #215, Sacramento, CA 95833.
- Credit Card Payment Online: Pay online with Mastercard or Visa at https://secure.cdfa.ca.gov/egov/emmp/. Have Event Number and event details available to enter online.
- EMMP Event Manager January 2019 Newsletter
- EMMP Event Manager Order Form
- Application to Register Equine Event (Form 76-024A)
- Drug Declaration Form (Form 76-027)
- Salesyard Assessment Report
- Horse Consignor Poster
- Horse Show/Competition Exhibitor Poster
- Information for Event Managers (Brochure)
- Information for Exhibitor or Consignor (Brochure)
- Drugs and Medication Guidelines (Brochure)