Craig McNamara, President of the California Board of Food and Agriculture, keynote speaker at the Food Day celebration forum held at California State University, Sacramento. (1:45)
California State Board of
Food and Agriculture
The California State Board of Food and Agriculture serves the interest of the state’s diverse agricultural community. As an advisory board to the governor and secretary, the board addresses key issues that are of importance to California’s farmers and ranchers, community stakeholders, and citizens.
The California State Board of Food and Agriculture is a fifteen-member state board, appointed by the Governor, and carefully selected to represent a broad range of agricultural commodities, a variety of geographic regions and both the University of California and California State University academic systems.
The board encourages public participation and input in all matters concerning agriculture and food policy within the state.
Upcoming State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting:
November 3, 2015:
California Department of Food and Agriculture
1220 N Street – Main Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95814
Board Meeting begins at 10 a.m.
The next California State Board of Food and Agriculture meeting is scheduled for
December 1, 2015
State Board’S Water Committee
The California State Board of Food and Agriculture's Water Committee focuses specifically on issues and developments throughout the state related to water and water policy. The Committee is comprised of five members of the State Board, as appointed by the Board President. The Committee serves as an advisory body to the California State Board of Food and Agriculture.
Water Committee meetings are open public meetings.
Upcoming Committee Meetings:
- Next Meeting – TBD
Recent State Board Press Releases:
- CDFA15-046 – 10/01/2015: Food & Agriculture Board to Discuss Land Subsidence, Groundwater Management at October 6 Public Meeting (more)
- CDFA15-039 – 08/26/2015: Drought, Conservation to be Discussed at Upcoming Meeting of the State Board of Food and Agriculture (more)
- CDFA15-035 – 07/30/2015: California State Board of Food and Agriculture to Discuss Incentives for Greenhouse Gas Reductions on Farms and in Local Communities (more)
- CDFA15-029 – 07/01/2015: Groundwater Management, Agricultural Land Trends to be Discussed at the Upcoming California State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting (more)
- CDFA15-026 – 05/28/2015: Drought Impacts, Public Perception to be Discussed at Upcoming California State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting (more)
- CDFA15-019 – 04/27/2015: State Board of Food and Agriculture to Host Drought Forum at the Fresno Fairgrounds on May 5th (more)
- 2/23/2015: Governor Brown Announces Appointments to the California State Board of Food and Agriculture.
- CDFA15-009 – 01/29/2015: State and Federal Official to Discuss Drought Operations with California State Board of Food and Agriculture (more)
- CDFA14-058 – 10/28/2014: State Board of Food and Agriculture Brings Together State and Federal Officials to Discuss Drought and Groundwater Management for 2015. (more)
- CDFA14-046 – 10/01/2014: Soil Health Takes Main Stage at California State Board of Food and Agriculture Meeting on October 7, 2014. (more)
- CDFA14-035 – 8/26/2014: State Board to Discuss Climate Change and CDFA’s Specialty Crop Block Grant Program. (more)