Media Contacts: Steve Lyle (CDFA), 916-654-0462 , firstname.lastname@example.org
SACRAMENTO, May 12, 2020 - CDFA’s Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety Branch (MPES) is announcing two vacancies on the Rendering Industry Advisory Board (RIAB). The RIAB makes recommendations to CDFA’s secretary on all matters pertaining to the MPES Rendering Program, including:
• Adoption, modification, and repeal of regulations and procedures
• Procedures for employment, training, supervision, and compensation of inspectors and other personnel
• Rate and collection of license fees and penalties
• Acquisition and use of equipment
• Posting and noticing changes in bylaws, general procedures, or orders
• All matters pertaining to Food and Agricultural Code Division 9, Part 3, Chapter 5, including, but not limited to, the inspection and enforcement program, annual budget, necessary fees to provide adequate services, and regulations required to accomplish the purposes of the chapter
The vacancies are for industry members and the term is for 36 months. Applicants for the industry member must be affiliated with a licensed renderer, collection center, dead animal hauler, or registered transporter of inedible kitchen grease.
Members of the board receive no compensation but are entitled to reimbursement for transportation to and from meetings and for per diem expenses for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses. Applicants interested in being considered for RIAB appointment should send a resume by June 5, 2020 to:
Laura Barlow, Program Manager
Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety Branch
1220 N Street
Sacramento, California 95814
Additional information is available on the MPES web page at: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/mpes/index.html. You may also contact Paula Batarseh, Branch Chief, Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety at (916) 900-5004.