Projects & Resources
Vertebrates: USDA APHIS Wildlife Services
USDA APHIS Wildlife Services
|Location||Headquarters in California|
California State Office, Sacramento
San Luis District
- United States Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Animal Health Branch Wildlife Services Program
|Responsibilities||Provide advice and information regarding wildlife damage management, provide services (e.g., predator trapping, nuisance wildlife removal) on a contract basis; assist with federal permit applications for bird control; conduct wildlife hazard surveys at airports; protect endangered species from wildlife depredations.|
- For general advice and information on wildlife damage control.
- When a federal depredation permit is required for lethal bird control.
- For damage problems and removal of predators (coyotes, mountain lions) and nuisance wildlife (skunks, racoons, beaver, pigeons, waterfowl).