News Release: CDFA Schedules Training Workshops for Cannabis Cultivators Seeking Information on Applications for Licensing
IMPORTANT NOTE: All of the training workshops are now full. PLEASE SEE THE NEW STEP-BY-STEP TEMPORARY LICENSE APPLICATION TRAINING VIDEO, WHICH COVERS THE SAME STEPS REVIEWED AT THE IN-PERSON TRAINING SESSIONS.
Cultivators Are Urged to Register ASAP; Space Is Limited
SACRAMENTO, November 17, 2017 – The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division is announcing a series of 10 workshops in late November and December for training on completing applications for state licensing.
CDFA anticipates issuing cannabis cultivation licenses on or about January 1, 2018. In addition to state licensure, applicants are required to comply with any local cannabis cultivation requirements. Applicants should check with their local jurisdiction regarding local ordinance requirements.
Space is limited to about 150 participants per workshop. Additionally, as of November 30, a recorded training session will be available on the CalCannabis website here.
All training sessions are from 12:30-5pm. The dates and locations are as follows:
1. Tuesday, November 28—Orange County, Courtyard by Marriott, 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707 – Register here
2. Tuesday, November 28—Yolo County, Ziggurat Building, 707 3rd Street, West Sacramento, CA 95605 – Register here
3. Thursday, November 30—San Bernardino County, DoubleTree by Hilton, 285 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA 92408 – Register here
4. Thursday, November 30—Monterey County, California State University, Monterey Bay – National Steinbeck Center, 1 Main Street, Salinas, CA 93901 – Register here
5. Tuesday, December 5—Fresno County, Hugh M. Burns State Building, 2550 Mariposa Mall, Room 1036, Fresno, CA 93721 – Register here
6. Tuesday, December 5—Mendocino County, Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482 – Register here
7. Thursday, December 7—Riverside County, University of California, Riverside – Palm Desert Center, 75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Building B114-B117, Palm Desert, CA 92211 – Register here
8. Thursday, December 7—Alameda County, Elihu M. Harris State Office Building, 1515 Clay Street, Room 1, Oakland, CA 94612 – Register here
9. Tuesday, December 12—Butte County, Butte College – Black Box Theater, 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville, CA 95965 – Register here
10. Thursday, December 14—Humboldt County, Sequoia Conference Center, 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501 – Register here