Media Contacts: Steve Lyle (CDFA), 916-654-0462 , firstname.lastname@example.org
SACRAMENTO, February 15, 2022 – The California Department of Food and Agriculture Office of Farm to Fork (CDFA-F2F) announces it is seeking public comment February 15 – March 7, 2022, for the 2022 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program’s request for applications (RFA).
The California Budget Act of 2021 includes a $60 million, one-time General Fund allocation for CDFA-F2F to sustain and expand the California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program, with $30 million allocated for fiscal year 2021-22 and $30 million allocated for fiscal year 2022-23.
The 2022 California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program will award competitive grants to support projects that cultivate equity, nurture students, build climate resilience and create scalable and sustainable change. To support a wide array of farm to school projects, the program offers four funding tracks:
• Track 1: The California Farm to School K-12 Procurement and Education Grant
• Track 2: The California Farm to School Partnership Grant
• Track 3: The California Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE) Grant
• Track 4: The California Farm to School Producer Grant
The RFA may be viewed on the California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program webpage.
The RFA is open to public comment from 8 a.m. PT February 15, 2022, until 5 p.m. PT March 7, 2022. CDFA-F2F will consider comments received before finalizing this Farm to School RFA and when developing future Farm to School RFAs. Stakeholders may submit comments in one or more of the following ways:
• Written Comments via Email: Please submit written comments via email to: email@example.com. Include “Farm to School Stakeholder Comments” in the subject line of your email. Please specify which funding track each comment is regarding in the body of your email.
• Live Comments via Zoom: During the public comment period, the CDFA-F2F will host a series of public info sessions about this RFA. Each info session will include an overview of the RFA and time for questions and comments. Please visit the California Farm to School Incubator Grant Program webpage for the dates and Zoom registration links.