Annual and Provisional Cannabis Cultivation Licenses
The California Department of Food and Agriculture's CalCannabis program is accepting applications for annual cannabis cultivation licenses:
Important Message for Applicants
Prior to applying for a license, new users must register for an account on the online licensing system. Reviews of annual license applications begin once Live Scan fingerprints are submitted for each person who meets the definition of an owner, as described in the emergency regulations .
The online application will be processed much more quickly than this printable paper version of the annual cultivation license application. Before filling out the online application, visit our eLearning page and view the step-by-step video and read the accompanying guide, "How to Use the State Cannabis Cultivation Online System," and the Quick References. Errors made in your application will significantly delay the review process, so we strongly encourage you to review these resources before submitting your application.
- Annual Cultivation License Pest Management Fillable Form
- Annual Cultivation License Waste Management Fillable Form
- A Reference Guide for the Application Attachments - En Español
- A Reference Guide for the Cultivation Plan - En Español
- FAQ: Provisional Cannabis Cultivation Licenses - En Español
- FAQ: Who Is Considered an Owner?
- Annual Cultivation License Application: Section D Owner Form With Instructions
- Step-by-Step Video: How to Fill Out an Application for an Annual Cannabis Cultivation License
Alerts and Licensee Information Look Up a Cannabis