The mission of Pest Exclusion is to keep exotic agricultural and environmental pests out of the state of California and to prevent or limit the spread of newly discovered pests within the state. To accomplish this mission, the Branch has two roles: (1) quarantine regulatory compliance and enforcement and (2) service to the agriculture industry and the public.
Exterior Pest Exclusion oversees border station inspections of all commercial and private vehicles entering the state.
- Border Protection Stations (BPS)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Border Protection Stations Interactive Map
Interior Pest Exclusion oversees enforcement of quarantines, inspection of packages at parcel carrier terminals and phytosanitary certification of exports.
- Interior Pest Exclusion
- Bringing Plants and Animals into California
- California Dog Teams
- Current Exotic Fruit Fly Quarantines
- Exotic Fruit Fly Regulatory Response Manual
Nursery, Seed and Quality Cotton oversees licensing, pest cleanliness, registration and certification, truth in labeling and quality cotton.
- Nursery, Seed and Quality Cotton Program
- Nursery Inspection Procedures Manual Online
- Directory of Nurserymen and Others Licensed to Sell Nursery Stock in California