Media Contacts: Steve Lyle (CDFA), 916-654-0462 , email@example.com
Sacramento, November 4, 2020 - The California Department of Food and Agriculture is accepting applications from stakeholders interested in serving on a Registered Service Agency (RSA) Advisory Committee. Business and Professions Code (BPC), Division 5, Chapter 5.5,
Section 12541 authorizes the RSA Advisory Committee to advise the Department in all matters pertaining to service agencies and service agents.
The RSA Program is responsible for registering businesses (RSAs) and their employees (Service Agents) who, for hire or payment of any kind, repair commercial weighing and measuring devices. The Department’s Division of Measurement Standards and county weights and measures officials regularly monitor the work of service agencies and service agents who must comply with the requirements adopted in the BPC and the California Code of Regulations, Title 4, Division 9.
The RSA Advisory Committee consists of seven members. All positions are currently vacant.
• Two members representing registered service agencies (one-year term);
• Two members representing county sealers or directors of weights and measures (one-year term);
• One member representing weighing or measuring device manufacturers (two-year term);
• One member representing industry clients of service agencies (two-year term); and
• One member representing the general public (three-year term).
Members are asked to be available to participate in three virtual meetings in 2021. The Committee may meet more frequently if needed. Committee members receive no compensation but are entitled to payment for necessary traveling expenses in accordance with the rules of the Department of Personnel Administration (for in person meetings).
For further information on the RSA Program, call (916) 229-3000 or visit https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/dms/programs/rsa/rsa.html.