CDFA joins the farmers and ranchers of California in a commitment to produce and protect a consistent, high quality food supply for all Californians, and for distribution throughout the world. Farmers and ranchers are stewards of the land and realize the importance of maintaining the farm ecosystem environment for future generations.
CDFA has adopted several initiatives to recognize and promote the importance of on-farm environmental stewardship practices, some of which contribute directly to ecosystem services:
- HEALTHY SOILS INITIATIVE
- DAIRY DIGESTER RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- STATE WATER EFFICIENCY AND ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (SWEEP)
- CLIMATE CHANGE CONSORTIUM FINAL REPORT
- TOP CLIMATE-RELATED HIGHLIGHTS FOR CDFA
- DROUGHT MEASURES FOR DUST MITIGATION AND AIR QUALITY IN CALIFORNIA
- ECOSYSTEM SERVICES — WHAT IS IT?
- CDFA ECOSYSTEM SERVICES QUALITATIVE ASSESSMENT MODEL
- ENVIRONMENTAL FARMING ACT SCIENCE ADVISORY PANEL
- ECOSYSTEM SERVICES DATABASE